Here’s ‘The Starting 9’ for today’s show.
1. 2021 Fantasy Baseball ‘Oscar’ Nominations …The Drafted
– Best ‘Outta Nowhere’ Performer to go back to being a ‘Nowhere’ Performer – Grisham, S. Perez, D. Bundy, Dom. Smith
– Best Job of ‘Acting’ Like an Ace Even Though Nobody Thinks That You’re One – Lynn, Maeda, Hendricks, Greinke
– Best Front Office Decision in the Offseason – T. Walker to NYM, Duvall to MIA, K. Davis to TEX, Semien to TOR
2. 2021 Fantasy Baseball ‘Oscar’ Nominations … The Undrafted
– Best Overlooked Rookie Contributor – Dn. Lynch, L. Gilbert, S. Howard, Jung
– Best Predicted Performance from a Lousy Spot in the Batting Order – Urshela, A. Riley, J.D. Davis, Bader
– Best ‘Old’ OF to get on your team – L. Cain, D. Peralta, Upton, Eaton
– Best Sleeper Steal Threat – Andrus, Dyson, Margot, Rosario
3. Spring Buzzkill … Strasburg (calf strain) comes up lame again and Ohtani gets pounded
4. MLB News/Notes – Bregman (hammy) to debut on Tuesday/Y. Grandal (knee) iffy for Opening Day/M. Franco joining BAL/J. Hicks returns to throw 22 pitches and face one batter/Does W. Franco find his way to the bigs as a 3B?/B. Rodgers suffers hammy strain
5. Player Profile – Sam Hilliard.
6. Ballparks – what has changed with the stadiums? Coors Field, Petco, Safeco, and Oracle
7. Target Practice – An SP4 in Round 11 – Morton, McCullers, or Musgrove?
8. ‘Random Reference’.
9. ‘Stamp of Approval’ – they guys talk log cabins and the Drain Weasel.
Yes, this is the actual Cabin…