In an effort to streamline more usable info from an exhaustive snap chart and deliver it in a way that’s easier to help with difficult lineup decisions, the IDP Snap Report is focusing more attention on important usage shifts, and spending less time reporting the obvious. (ex. Luke Kuechly plays lots of snaps. You should start him.)
If you don’t see a stud IDP on here, it’s because he’s playing his usual snap share.
Arizona’s defense logged in a brutally low 54 defensive snaps, compliments of the Jets inept offense.
- DE Calais Campbell played 39 snaps (72%), which helps explain his disappointing fantasy day, but he’s been up and down all season.
- DT Robert Nkemdiche finally saw some action, playing 10 snaps (18%). That number has to go up significantly for him to be fantasy relevant.
- ILB Deone Bucannon continues to play almost every snap, but fell back to his season average of a handful of tackles per game.
- ILB Kevin Minter played 31 snaps (58%). He’s seen his snaps dip the past three weeks from playing virtually every down. Arizona played a ton of Dime packages, inserting Alex Okafor (30%) in Minter’s place, so this is likely the cause of Minter’s low usage.
- OLB Markus Golden played 42 snaps (78%), as he continues to be heavily involved.
The Falcons played 66 defensive snaps, which is right about where we expect them to live this season.
- DE Vic Beasley played 34 snaps (52%). It’s a slight dip in usage for him, but more concerning is that he went right back to putting up only a few tackles after his monster game two weeks ago.
- Rookie LBs De’Vondre Campbell (32%) and Deion Jones (40%) got back on the field after missing time with injuries, but both logged disappointing snap counts as they were just eased back in. LBs LaRoy Reynolds (62%) and LB Phillip Wheeler (41%), filled in along with SS Kemal Ishmael (65%) who continues to see significant time in the box.
Baltimore’s defense played 67 snaps, which is near their high water mark of the season.
- ILB C.J. Mosley was inactive with a hamstring injury.
- ILB Zachary Orr played 67 snaps (100%), as he put up huge numbers with C.J. Mosley missing time.
- OLB Terrell Suggs played 48 snaps (72%). He tore his biceps and may mis...