In the weekly Stat-Pack, we go team-by-team and break down key statistics that help explain the fantasy action. The attempt here isn’t to provide atypical game recaps, but instead to provide forward-looking context about the games that may not be obvious.
Here's the Championship Round Stat-Pack! Since only four teams are still alive, let's hit five key facts for each squad -- instead of the usual three:
- The Jags' defense is first in points per drive allowed, yards per drive allowed, and first downs allowed per game.
- This year, AJ Bouye allowed the second-lowest passer rating in his coverage in PFF history (31.6). Spiking the ball into the ground (QB Rating: 39.6) would have been more efficient than throwing at Bouye.
- Jalen Ramsey allowed a passer rating of 63.9 in his coverage (10th-best, per PFF). The league average is 83.0.
- Leonard Fournette has played on 75% of Jaguars snaps over his last six games, well above his 58% average snap rate in Week 1-12.
- Before going on the injury report in Week 7 (ankle), Leonard Fournette forced at least one missed tackle on 19.2% of his carries (sixth-best, per PFF). Since then, Fournette has forced at least one missed tackle on just 6% of his carries (last).
- Stefon Diggs has 45 targets to Adam Thielen's 44 over their last six games.
- Last week, Saints CB Marshon Lattimore shadowed Adam Thielen on 82% of his routes, per PFF.
- Thielen only ran 28% of his routes from the slot vs. the Saints in the Divisional Round, well below his season-long average (49%).
- Jerick McKinnon has out-snapped Latavius Murray 87 to 66 over the Vikes' last two games.
- However, Murray has 41 carries to McKinnon's 21 in that span.
New England Patriots
- The Patriots offense is first in points per drive allowed, yards per drive allowed, and first downs allowed per game.
- Tom Brady has now eclipsed 300 yards and/or thrown multiple passing scores in nine-straight postseason games. He’s averaging 334.1 YPG and 2.6 Pass TDs per postseason game in this span.
- Rob Gronkowski has scored in six-straight postseason games and is averaging 6.1 receptions and 85.3 YPG in those contests.
- Over the last three weeks, Dion Lewis has averaged 142.3 yards from scrimmage per game on 28.3 touches per game. Todd Gurley led all RBs in yards from scrimmage per game (139.5) during the regular season.
- In Chris Hogan's second game played since Week 8 in the Divisional Round, he played on 83% of Patriots snaps and ran a pass route on 89% of Tom Brady's dropbacks.
- In now four games without Carson Wentz, the Eagles have scored just 1.19 offensive points per drive. That would be worst in the league.
- With Wentz this year, the Eagles averaged 2.18 points per drive -- eighth-best.
- Nick Foles' target distribution this year: Zach Ertz (31), Nelson Agholor (25), Alshon Jeffery (21).
- Jay Ajayi's last four snap rates: 47% > 51% > 40% > 46%.
- Over the last two years, there still have only been three occurrences in which an Eagles running back played over 60% of snaps. All were done by Darren Sproles.
Graham is a senior analyst for Fantasy Guru and works closely with statistics to produce quanitative analysis for complementary weekly content. He will be appearing before the season and during the season on The Fantasy Guru Podcast with John Hansen and Joe Dolan. Be sure to follow Graham on Twitter at @GrahamBarfield.