2 different subscription packages for 2018
We have adjusted some content and our content packages this year as we have fully merged with our DFS sister site FantasyGuruElite.com. We have the standard subscription option, which covers everything below, plus we now have a VIP package that includes everything in the standard 2018 package, plus:
- A NEW 24 HOUR GURU CHAT!
- JOHN HANSEN HOSTED CHAT SESSIONS!
- WEEKLY LIVESTREAMS/VIDEOCASTS!
- JEFF MANS WEEKLY RANKINGS!
- TED SCHUSTER'S & RAY FLOWERS' CONTENT
standard package overview:
MyGuru has been a feature at FantasyGuru.com for over a decade, but it's received a major upgrade. The entire system of setting up your own personal portal to your leagues (up to 15) has been revamped, and it'll be easier than ever to import teams and to switch back and forth between your inputted leagues and certain default scoring systems (PPR, ESPN, even DFS sites) to view custom projections.
Roster Import Tool - We've improved the roster import tool this year with more league management sites than ever! In 2018, we will support at least 10 fantasy league hosting sites, including: Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com, CBS, MyFantasyLeague, RT Sports, Fleaflicker, Fox, FFPC, Fantrax, and NFFC. FREE with your 2018 subscription
If your league is run by one of these companies, you'll be able to import your entire roster after your draft with a click of a mouse and also sync your current teams after you make roster moves on the league management site. In addition, you can also import your scoring system, so your teams in MyGuru, your personal portal to all your fantasy teams on our site, can be imported and set up in minutes.
Customized Content! - This one is huge! Since we'll be pulling in a ton of data from 10 or more league management sites, we'll be able in 2018 to offer more customized content than ever! For example, in our Waiver Wire article, we have the ability to highlight players who are available in your league! In addition, when looking at our seasonal rankings (updated each week), weekly rankings, and keeper league rankings, the players available in YOUR league will be highlighted along with the players currently on your roster for quick reference (you will be able to differentiate between your players in your league and free agent players in your league, as each will be color-coded differently. They will be color-coded as follows:
Yellow = On your roster of the currently selected franchise/league
Blue = On a roster within the currently selected league
Gray = On one of your rosters within all of your league
No Color = The player is available in your currently selected franchise/league
Roster Analyzer Add-On - If you set up a team in MyGuru, you can always refer to the Roster Analyzer to suggest a starting lineup based on your league settings and our projections. New this year, you can also pull in your opponent's team so they are stacked together showing our projections for all your players and also your opponents. If you're projected to lose, you can then adjust your lineup to go for more upside. Conversely, if you're projected to win handily, you can focus on safer players in your starting lineup (and you'll be able to see which players are safe, volatile, etc. elsewhere on the site.
FANTASY APPS & DRAFTING TOOLS
FREE for all 2017 subscribers, you'll love our two smart phone apps, which will work for iPhones/iPads and also Android phones and tablets.
- Draft Analyzer Software - In 2018 we will once again offer our subscribers a license for the award-winning Draft Analyzer software, which is a $24.95 value. Powered by constantly-updated FantasyGuru.com projections, users can use this powerful program to draft, mock draft, and more. Assign keepers, trade draft picks, and more customization for the browser-based software. Also included is a downloadable program to use if you need to draft offline. FREE with your 2018 subscription
EXCEL DRAFTING TOOLS
Download these various tools and put the power of technology + our projections to work for you!
- Auction Guru Excel Tool - This tool assists you in auction drafts, updating optimal price and strategy information in real-time. Before your draft, you enter all the basic info for your league (scoring system, number of owners in your league, number of players at each position, etc.). The tool will calculate an estimated "highest bid" for each player. In addition to using our projections as the baseline for dollar values, we actually incorporate Mike Horn's 2017 Price Tiers for the various positions into this tool, so it has 2017-specific auction intelligence built in. As players get drafted, you enter the bid amount and the team they went to. The tool then updates values for players (based on our projections) in real-time, adjusting for factors like: owners over or under-bidding for players (adjusts value of other guys left), whether owners have filled their slots for starters and likely reserves, and other key stuff. It essentially gives you updated "best bids" based on how the draft has gone so far. New features include a "search" button to find players quickly (makes life easier in the heat of the auction!), increased number of players allowed on each roster, a "printable team roster" page for when the auction is done, and the ability to import your scoring system and keepers from an older version of the tool (so when new projections come out you don't have to re-enter your info). FREE with your 2018 subscription
- 2018 Excel Pro Draft Tool - Using this downloadable, stand-alone Excel program to easily track and manage your online or offline drafts, and use the tool to maximize your Value-Based Drafting and much more. FREE with your 2018 subscription
- 2018 Excel Simple Draft Tool - This is a tool is for the non-expert Excel user so he/she can utilize to track, manage, and maximize their drafts. FREE with your 2018 subscription
- 2018 Excel Custom Cheat Sheet - All our projections in Excel for you to do as you please. Enter your specific scoring system and this tool re-sorts the players for your scoring system and automatically creates a cheat sheet that you can print out. FREE with your 2018 subscription
- 2018 SOS Excel Data Charts - View our current charts showing projected SOS for the whole season, first half, second half, and more. FREE with your 2018 subscription
Printable PDF Worksheets
All laid out well for easy printing and viewing.
- 2018 Rush Chart - Each team's schedule color-coded by ease vs. the run.
- 2018 Pass Chart - Each team's schedule color-coded by ease vs. the pass.
- 2018 Bye Week Sheet - Track your draft player's bye weeks as you draft them.
- Roster Tracker Sheet - Track your drafted roster
- Position Tracker Sheet - Track your positions drafted
- Draft Tracker - Record each rounds of your draft on this sheet
Your subscription includes a ton of very useful tools to aid in your preparation and weekly maneuvering.
- Depth Charts - Our dynamic depth charts are updated daily and Updated daily. Easily view/print our depth charts in their entirety, by team, view players on the injury report currently, and more.
- Custom Preseason/Regular Season Projections - Custom-built and sortable, expert offensive skill, special team, and IDP projections strictly based on your scoring methods, and includes kick returner projections for individual players and teams. You can also combine and view projections for WR/TE, RB/WR, RB/WR/TE, etc. Includes expert analysis for each player. Customizable projections include Up and Down indicators to help you identify who's on the move up and who's on the move down. Myriad preset scoring systems included for top season-long and DFS sites.
- Custom Cheat Sheet Tool - Customized rankings can be generated on the site in cheat sheet form (even one-page) for easy access and viewing in the preseason and for each week of the regular season. These are really useful during your draft! Note: In the preseason, we also produce generic PPR and Non-PPR cheat sheets and top-200 cheat sheets in PDF form.
- Roster Analyzer - Use this powerful tool to help with your lineup decisions. Once you have created your team in MyGuru (see above), simply check back here each week for our suggested starting lineup(s) based on our projections and your scoring system with one click of a button. These are updated 6-8 times per week during the season from Tuesday night right up until kickoff.
- Points Allowed Tool - For all positions, including IDPs, see what teams are giving up the most/least points to each fantasy position in your scoring system(s) over the schedule range you select. Say you're facing a tough lineup decision at QB. Simply use this tool to see which one of your QBs' opponents have given up more production to the position in YOUR scoring system. You can even sort by home/away and in wins/losses and view game logs for all teams and see exactly what they gave up to a specific position, including fantasy points in YOUR scoring system.
- Strength of Schedule Tool - A purely statistical measure of the schedule for each team. We measure strength of schedule by looking at the fantasy points allowed by each team to a given position and then summing up and averaging those points over the schedule range you select. The SOS shown can be customized to YOUR league's scoring system, so it's SOS in YOUR league. Say you've been presented a trade, a RB for a RB. Simply use this tool to see which of the RBs has the easier remaining schedule (or whatever weekly range you want to use, next 3 games, 4, 5, etc.) in YOUR scoring system.
- Matchup History Tool - Use this tool to see exactly what your players have done against this week's opponent the last decade plus, including fantasy PPG in YOUR scoring system. Or, if you're looking for a free-agent QB for a given week, you can see a ranking of all the league's QBs (or any position) for any given week, sorted by their career fantasy points per game against that week's opponent. Using this tool, you can easily find a FA who has a productive (preferably recent) history against his opponent that week. Also view game logs for all players against all opponents going back to 2002.
- IDP-Stud Report - Keep track of the defensive leaders easily and effectively. Track all major defensive stats as well as who's creating most of the opportunities for their team with overall contribution percentages.
PRESEASON CONTENT - AN OVERVIEW
These HUGE updates will be posted on a continuing and very regular basis throughout the preseason. It will give you absolutely everything you'll need for your draft.
- 2017's Lessons Learned - We apply the lessons fantasy owners should have learned from 2017 season. It's a detailed review of the previous year with an eye toward what we can take out of it for the upcoming 2017 season.
- The Stock Watch: If you're looking to read one main article each week to keep up with all the preseason action, this is it. This in-depth article will detail which players' (offensive and defensive) stock is rising and which players' stock is falling, with detailed reasons why. This feature is produced in bulk very early in the week in the preseason and is constantly updated all week, so you'll always know who's on the rise and decline.
- NFL and Fantasy News Feed: Our steady stream of NFL news, injury reports, transactions, and more provides up-to-date information whenever you want it and is searchable by player and sortable by NFL team and also position.
- Player News & Notes: Updated daily throughout the preseason. Searchable and sortable updates on your players, all players, search by day, etc.
- Injury Updates: Updated daily throughout the preseason. Searchable and sortable updates on your players, all players, search by day, etc.
- Training Camp Battles: A very extensive and constantly updated look at this year's key training camp battles (usually 65-70 battles), with key information typically obtained from NFL insiders on our payroll. It's the best and most up-to-date and comprehensive look at position battles that you'll find online this summer.
- Depth Charts - Our dynamic depth charts are updated daily and Updated daily. Easily view/print our depth charts in their entirety, by team, view players on the injury report currently, and more.
UPDATED TWICE WEEKLY (OR MORE FREQUENTLY)
- Custom Offensive and IDP Projections: Once you enter a team into MyGuru, you'll get customize projections for the preseason, and we update them at least twice a week (early in the week and later in the week) online, which will also update all projections for all our tools. We'll generally update projections early and late in the week (typically late Monday night and Friday afternoon).
- Excel-based, Web, and Smart Phone/Tablet Tools: Check above for information, but these tools are updated twice weekly (or more frequently) in the preseason, along with our projections and all the cheat sheets listed below.
- Custom Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet: Create a custom 1-page cheat sheet (with several other viewing/printing options such as displaying player comments) with positional player rankings based on your custom scoring system. Note: You can also create these with our Excel custom cheat sheet.
- PPR Cheat Sheet (PDF) - Our PPR Cheat Sheet ranks 375+ players and defensive teams for yardage and TDs with PPR and is great if you want to use just one piece of paper to draft.
- Non-PPR Cheat Sheet (PDF) - Our Non-PPR Cheat Sheets rank 375+ players and defensive teams for yardage and TDs with PPR and is great if you want to use just one piece of paper to draft.
- Non-PPR Top-200 Overall (PDF) - This 1-page PDF cheat sheet is a nice reference tool and lists position, projected points, and has highlighted our players to target from picks 1-200.
- PPR Top-200 Overall (PDF) - This 1-page PDF cheat sheet is a nice reference tool and lists position, projected points, and has highlighted our players to target from picks 1-200.
- IDP Cheat Sheet - We'll rank the IDPs and help you locate the players who'll get you sacks, tackles, and interceptions. And we constantly update throughout the preseason.
UPDATED WEEKLY (OR MORE FREQUENTLY)
- Exhibition Game Reviews - Extensive reviews of each exhibition game, with everything you should know about them. There's no need for you to research what happened in these games; we'll have it all covered with our game reviews.
- 2018 Draft Plan - Publisher John Hansen takes a look at the talent at each position and all the trends we're seeing in the hundreds of drafts we observe to give you a definitive plan of action for your 2018 draft. Who should you be targeting? What positions do you need to address early? Which can you hold off on? Should you take your TE early? It's all covered here position-by-position, round-by-round, and pick-by-pick. Constantly updated throughout the preseason and covers all the current trends and more.
- Good Vibes/Bad Vibes - Another of Publisher John Hansen's signature preseason pieces, he covers all the overall "vibes" for each team in the preseason and relates them to the fantasy values of their players. This highly anticipated article is updated weekly (and sometimes daily) and has consistently isolated teams (and, therefore, players) that have fallen well short of expectations for the season or have greatly exceeded expectations.
- 2018's Values & Players to Target - We isolate some of the players we like as values or specific players to target for various reasons at various stages of a draft (Round 1-3, 4-6, etc.) and offer a ton of analysis why we like them and when you should be targeting them. Last year's list included productive players mostly drafted outside of the top-25 overall like: Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Philip Rivers, Deshaun Watson, Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt, Devonta Freeman, Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Duke Johnson, CJ Anderson, Davante Adams, Adam Thielen, Tyreek Hill, Golden Tate, Stefon Diggs, Chris Hogan, Marvin Jones, Ted Ginn, Mike Wallace, Kenny Stills, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz, and Jack Doyle.
- 2018's Overvalued & Players to Avoid - Last year's list included players like: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor, Marshawn Lynch, Tevin Coleman, Mike Gillslee, Paul Perkins, Derrick Henry, Eddie Lacy, Matt Forte, Jeremy Hill, T.Y. Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Eric Decker, Corey Davis, John Ross, Jordan Matthews, Kevin White, Greg Olsen, and O.J. Howard. It's a constantly updated look at some players you should avoid overpaying for or avoid completely this year, with reasons why. We look at scheme, player's role, strength of schedule, injuries, and more.
- Mr. Relevant - Your extensive guide to getting the best player available with your last or next-to-last picks. Last year, this guide advised to take a shot late on viable and productive players such as: Deshaun Watson, Alvin Kamara, Rex Burkhead, Chris Thompson, Matt Breida, Orleans Darkwa, Cooper Kupp, Josh Doctson, Kendall Wright, Kenny Golladay, Marquise Goodwin, Nelson Agholor, Danny Amendola, Evan Engram, Jared Cook, and George Kittle.
- ADP Analysis - In one of our most popular features, our ADP (Average Draft Position) experts scan as many drafts as possible to determine the top-200 players' ADP. We also offer up extensive analysis of the summer's draft trends and which players are going too early and which players are sliding too far. You'll not only know which players to take, but when to take them for those in 8, 10, 12 and 14-team leagues. This feature is updated weekly throughout the preseason.
- Draft Position Strategy - We map out a plan of action for each area of a draft, such as picking early in the first round. We'll help you if you have an early, mid, or late pick in the first round.
- 2018 Rookie Report - In our very extensive coverage, we rank the year's rookies and offer in-depth analysis on their 2017 values and keeper-league values. It's constantly updated throughout the preseason and very detailed, also including keeper league rankings and overviews.
- Expert Fantasy Football Mock Drafts - FantasyGuru.com experts and some of the top minds in fantasy football will participate in and analyze 20+ mock and real drafts to help our readers get a feel for their 2016 drafts. We'll run and analyze drafts for 8, 10, 12, and 14-team leagues plus 2-QB leagues, IDP leagues, and more.
- More Fantasy Football Mock Draft Analysis - In addition to publishing our results and analysis of "Expert Drafts," we'll participate in numerous "regular" fantasy drafts to give a clearer picture of the fantasy draft landscape in the real world. We'll organize (among subscribers) and analyze 3-4 mock drafts a week in the preseason.
- Special Team Previews - Although they are often overlooked by others, we preview each kick return game and rank all 32 teams based on their return game prowess and potential.
- Kick Returner Previews - Our special team's expert will preview and cover extensively the top-50 return men in the league with analysis, projected stats, and more. It's updated weekly throughout the preseason as things develop.
- Return Men/Offensive Previews - If your league awards extra points for return production for offensive and even defensive players, we've got you covered this year.
- Offensive Line Previews - Perhaps nothing is more important to the success of an offense than the offensive line. While O-lines are often overlooked by others, we preview each offensive line in great detail and analyze how it will affect the fantasy production for its team. We'll wrap it up by telling you if the lines will be better, worse, or the same for the run and the pass. We'll include all the data, personnel, and player news for all 32 OLs.
- 2018's Top Backups - We take an extensive position-by-position look at the top back-up players at QB, RB, and WR. Some of these players you'll want to draft late to protect your starters or even to stash away for a rainy day. Last year in this article we said good things and ranked highly on our positional lists the following 2015 preseason backups who made impacts were: Jimmy Garoppolo, Nick Foles, Kenyan Drake, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Ivory, Devontae Booker, Wayne Gallman, Chris Hogan, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Jermaine Kearse, Chris Godwin, Dede Westbrook, and Vernon Davis.
- 2018 Breakout WRs - Our annual and very extensive look at those WRs and TEs entering their second and third seasons, when they should be ready to break out. We'll break all the second and third-year WRs and TEs into various tiers so readers know which of these players has a good chance, a decent chance, or little chance to break out in 2016. This article in 2015 ranked high and featured emerging players like: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Josh Doctson, Sterling Shepard, Robby Anderson, Will Fuller, Hunter Henry, Stefon Diggs, Nelson Agholor, and Devin Funchess.
- PPR Gold - Each year we offer an extensive preview of the RBs, WRs, and TEs who should be more valuable and/or sleepers for those in PPR leagues, and we constantly update the list through the preseason. We also break the players down into target groups for early, middle, and late rounds. Last year's article ranked highly and featured non-obvious players like: Todd Gurley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram, Alvin Kamara, Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Duke Johnson, Ty Montgomery, James White, Chris Thompson, Giovani Bernard, Tarik Cohen, Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, Golden Tate, Jarvis Landry, Alshon Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan, Randall Cobb, Nelson Agholor, Kendall Wright, Zach Ertz, Evan Engram, Jack Doyle, Hunter Henry, Kyle Rudolph, Ben Watson, and George Kittle.
- 2018 RB Handcuffs - Throughout the preseason and weekly throughout the regular season, we update readers on who the best RB handcuffs for each "starter" should be. Some teams don't have an ideal handcuff, but we give you the best overview of how to protect your RB studs with back-up RB info for all 32 teams.
- 2018's TD Vultures - This extensive and constantly updated preseason feature profiles the RBs, WRs, and TEs who should be particularly active inside the red zone and in goal-line situation, thus giving them a good chance to score TDs.
- 2018's Contract Year Players - An extensive and regularly updated look at those players entering the final years of their contracts with tons of analysis. This article focuses on the player's potentially-higher-than-usual motivation for the upcoming season. While being in a contract year is only one small factor to consider when looking at a player, we cover it comprehensively.
- 2018 Coaching Changes - We analyze the fantasy implications of each of 2016's coaching changes, including coordinator changes. Our NFL insiders will give you the skinny on all of this year's changes and how they will affect fantasy production in '15 by reviewing all moves of note and discussing the coaches' histories, philosophies, and more.
- Trading Strategies - We offer up a plethora of tips and trading strategies to help you form the best team possible.
- 2-QB League Strategies - We provide you with plenty of thoughts, tips, and strategies for leagues that allow you to start 2 QBs, plus we offer statistical breakdowns that support our approach in these types of leagues.
- General Draft Strategies - Whether you're a novice or a seasoned pro, you'll be well covered when it comes to fantasy football draft strategy articles.
- Trading Draft Picks - We give you some tips and a fantasy draft pick value chart to help you trade picks before your draft.
- 2018 8-Team Draft Plan - Hansen also maps out of a plan of action for those in very small leagues and offers advice on how to approach your small league's draft, where most teams should be stacked with talent.
- 2018 15-Team Draft Plan - By covering a plan of action for a 15-team league, Hansen dissects a plan of action that is applicable for those in 14 and 16-team leagues.
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ARTICLES
We will crunch the numbers and publish numerous statistical studies to give you an even greater advantage over your competition. The charts will analyze last year's numbers together with this year's schedule, and include things like:
- Yards Created Series - Using a proprietary collection of data and methodology, Senior Analyst Graham Barfield signature feature is a huge hit. The purpose for the creation and need for Yards Created is simple: RBs are highly dependent on offensive line play. The thing is, there aren't many fantastic mechanisms to parse out how much of the success -- or the failure -- of a play is on the ball-carrier's shoulders. Yards Created is an analytical per-play charting process that answers key questions about running back talent. First and foremost, Yards Created per Attempt measures the yardage a rusher gains after the offensive line has or has not completed its run-blocking assignment. Fantasy Guru subscribers will get tons of data on college and NFL backs. The list of Yards Created features and data points is nearly infinite -- but our subscribers will have full access to: Yards Created per Attempt (inside, outside, out of shotgun, from under center, etc.), Defenders in the Box data, percentage of carries versus Extra Defenders in the Box, percentage of carries that created 5, 10, 20, and 30+ yards, Missed Tackles (forced by speed, elusiveness, and power), Yards Blocked and blocker alignment data, receiving data on a per route basis, and Pass Protection Execution rates!
- 2018 Offensive Identity Series - Stat savant Mike Horn will give deep historical data for all 32 offensive coordinators in 2017 to give you each new coach's background and history of positional fantasy production along with easy-to-reference "cheat sheets" for all 32 OCs/teams for quick reference during a draft. Yes, there are 32 separate articles in this series, plus the quick-reference cheat sheet!
- News-Related Stat Articles - When bigger news breaks, you can count on us to quickly produce a stat-based response in the form of an article to help you understand the ramifications of the news. For example, when Eric Decker signed with the Titans in June of 2017, we quickly came out with this article to analyze the move. Or when Jeremy Maclin signed with the Ravens, we broke it down for subscribers with this article.
- Projected 2018 Strength of Schedule - With extensive analysis of the SOS ramifications for players and teams, broken down for the run and the pass.
- SOS for the Fantasy Playoff Weeks - With extensive analysis on the SOS ramifications on players and teams for Weeks Thirteen through Seventeen.
- Target Matrix - Resident stat-head Mike Horn bring us his yearly draft article on using matrices to identify players to target.
- Proven Performers - Each year we look at past performances for QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs to break them down to see how it might relate to this coming year.
- QBs Changing Teams - We examine how changing teams affects a QB's performance and break it down statistically.
- Breakout Rates - We look at NFL draft position and experience to determine likely breakout candidate.
- QBs Staying on Top - We look at this past year's top-10 QBs and try to identify those who are likely to repeat their success.
- Expected TDs for WRs - Through statistical analysis, we tell you what receivers will score more (or fewer TDs) in 2017.
- SOS Adjusted QB Scores for 2017 - We examine which QBs scored more or fewer than expected points in 2017, based on their schedules.
- SOS Adjusted RB Scores for 2017 - We examine which RBs scored more or fewer than expected points in 2017, based on their schedules.
- SOS Adjusted WR Scores for 2017 - We examine which WRs scored more or fewer than expected points in 2017, based on their schedules.
- Playing Games - We crunch the numbers and look at which players are most likely to play a near-full season in any given year.
And at least 20 more statistically based articles suggested by our readers!
- Keeper League Rankings - Constantly updated, we rank over 400+ skill players with comments and insight as to whether or not they have the potential to finish higher or lower than our rankings (upside/downside). Also available is startup keeper/dynasty league cheat sheet in PDF form, with players ranked for the next 2-3 years.
- Keeper/Dynasty League Draft Plan - If you're starting a new keeper or dynasty league, we'll give you a 2017 plan of action with players to target, values to steal, and more.
- Keeper League Strategies - We give you a ton of keeper league tips and strategies, as well as a definitive plan of action for new keeper league participants.
- Dynasty League Strategies - More tips and strategies for dynasty league owners.
- Keeper League Setup Guide - Everything you need to know about setting up and running a keeper league.
- IDP Draft Plan - We give you a plan of action for your IDP draft by explaining how to use your league structure to know when to address IDP during your draft.
- IDP Stock Watch - Upgrades and Downgrades from the IDP world will be covered here and updated regularly in the preseason.
- Understanding IDPs - This is the ultimate IDP article for experts and novices alike. Learn which positions in which schemes are good for fantasy, and much, much more.
- Understanding Basic Defensive Concepts - We explain how you can better understand the league's defensive concepts (3-4, 4-3 defense, etc.) so you can better understand player values for IDP.
- IDP Scoring and Roster Construction - Our guide to forming your roster based on your IDP scoring and setup.
- 2018 NFL Defensive Schemes - A quick-reference guide to all 32 defensive schemes
- IDP Position Eligibility - It varies across major game-hosting websites, so we give you the skinny on what to expect.
- 2018 IDP Rookie Report - The top-30 rookies for IDP leagues, constantly updated in the preseason.
- 2018 IDP Values & Sleepers - A constantly updated and extensive look at this year's IDP choices. We look at emerging young players, players who benefit from a scheme change, and more.
- 2018 IDP Top-100 Overall - The meat and potatoes of our preseason IDP content, we offer up rankings and insightful analysis for the top-100 IDP players overall, and we constantly update it throughout the preseason.
- What is IDP? - Our IDP Guru will give you a general overview of what IDP leagues are and how to implement IDP into your league.
- Adding IDPs to your league - This is yet another article that will give you tips on how to add IDPs to your traditional league.
- Auction Guru Excel Tool - Before your draft, you will enter all the basic info for your league (scoring system, number of players in your league, number of players at each position, etc.). At the start of the draft, the tool will have an estimated "highest bid" for each player. In addition to using our projections as the baseline for dollar values, we'll actually be incorporating Mike Horn's 2018 Price Tiers for the various positions into this tool, so it will have 2018-specific auction intelligence built into the tool. As people get drafted, you enter the bid amount and the team they went to. The tool would then do real-time update values for players (based on our projections), adjusting for factors like: owners over or under-bidding for players (adjusts value of other guys left), whether people have filled their slots for starters and likely reserves, and other key stuff. It will essentially give you updated "best bids" based on how the draft has gone so far.
- Auction Draft Plan - Similar to our 2018 Draft Plan, we give you an extensive plan of action for your Auction Draft. Our seasoned pros will give you the most insightful auction strategies available on the planet. It is pages and pages of sharp insight.
- Auction Cheat Sheet - In PDF form, use this handy sheet to manage your auction and rest easy knowing our price tiers are always updated (weekly) and are in conjunction with our projections.
- 2018 Auction Draft Reviews - We'll participate and analyze several "expert" and non-expert auction drafts.
- 2018 Auction Values Overview - Determining auction ranges isn't an exact science, but we'll be using a combination of our season projections and Mike Horn's 2016 value chart to set ranges. These will be updated throughout the preseason in conjunction with our projection updates.
- Everything about Auctions - If you're new to auction drafts, this article will give you a nice overview of what they're all about and will cover possible draft setups, strategies, and more.
- Average Auction Values - The average $ values for all key players right now, along with highest- and lowest-observed bids along with analysis on the players who are moving up and down the board.
- Auction Best Practices - This strategy piece will break down your best practices for handling your auction draft and will cover the keys to maximize it.
- Nine Possible Auction Teams - We'll break down nine possible auction teams, all using the salary cap, and review the pros and cons of all of them.
- Predicting Auction Values - We detail how to use historical data from your leagues to predict auction prices this year.
- How to "Cheat" at your Auction - It sure feels like cheating when you're extremely prepared, and this article will help you be extremely prepared.
- Auction Draft Setup Guide - What you need to know to run a successful auction draft.
And more auction strategy articles!
REGULAR SEASON ISSUES - AN OVERVIEW
News-Related Stat Articles - The overview below is presented by day, but regardless of the day, when bigger news breaks, you can count on us to quickly produce a stat-based response in the form of an article to help you understand the ramifications of the news. For example, when Eric Decker signed with the Titans in June, we quickly came out with this article to analyze the move. Or when Jeremy Maclin signed with the Ravens, we broke it down for subscribers with this article.
- Inside the Boxscore - Every Monday morning head to the site to check out a plethora of data from the games on Sunday. We're talking pass targets, catch rates, snaps, snaps involved in, red zone stats, fantasy tied finishes, big plays, yards-after-the-catch, and more for the week. It's a great way to start your week of preparation by reviewing key data from the week that was.
- The Waiver Wire - This column will fill you in on a range of players who are worth picking up and who should be available in your league. We rank all the WW players by position and break them down into players who could be available in smaller, medium, and larger leagues, and even some guys to pick up for later in the season or long shots to take a flyer on. Of course, we have extensive analysis on each player, which includes critical data like pass targets, goal-line touches, and player snap counts. The average report will include 10,000 words with no fluff! And if you have teams imported from your league provider into MyGuru, the available players in this report will be highlighted to save you a ton of time!
- Monday Injury Roundup - We track the status of the week's injured players, with an early outlook for the upcoming week. We also update these as information comes in on Monday afternoon/evening.
- The Stock Watch - An extensive weekly feature detailing which players' (offensive and defensive) stock is rising or falling, with reasons why. Usually covers 35-40 players, so it's not just the obvious ones. It's a great way to wrap up the week that was in fantasy football. You've likely seen the stock market analogy before - but we were the first to do it. Available online and also e-mailed.
- Custom Season Player Rankings & Projections - Custom built and sortable, expert offensive projections strictly based on your scoring methods for the rest of the season. Includes expert analysis for each player and a ton of data for quick-reference, such as the fantasy tier finishes for the player up until that point, percentage of snaps participated in, constancy rating, etc. These projected weekly averages for yards and TDs for each player are a great reference point for those looking to make trades, work the WW, and more. These are usually released around 12 PM ET each Tuesday.
- Custom Weekly Player Rankings & Projections - Custom built and sortable, expert offensive projections strictly based on your scoring methods for the rest of the season. Includes expert analysis for each player and a ton of data for quick-reference such as the fantasy tier finishes for the player up until that point, percentage of snaps participated in, constancy rating, etc.
- Players to Trade and Trade For - One of our most valuable features because of its accuracy, we take a detailed look at all players and list those you should seriously consider trading or trading for, based mostly on their current perceived values versus their future potential. It's a detailed look at 6-10 players to trade for and trade each week.
- The Waiver Wire - We update our extensive WW column as information regarding injuries and expected playing time for the upcoming week becomes available. And if you have teams imported from your league provider into MyGuru, the available players in this report will be highlighted to save you a ton of time!
- Monday Night Wrap-up - We produce a Stock Watch and go Inside the Boxscore for the Monday Night game. Available online and also e-mailed.
- Tuesday News & Notes - An early-week look around the league, with pertinent and informative fantasy-related tidbits.
- WR/CB Matchups - Get a jump start for the upcoming week's key matchups with this incredibly insightful article that will isolate the best and worst WR-CB matchups with analysis.
- Keeper & Dynasty Watch - This weekly column will cover any young player who might be emerging or even might have started something close to an emergence the previous week. This article will probably be more slanted toward emerging players for dynasty leagues, since this weekly column usually digs deep. The primary goal of this article is to give readers the heads-up on emerging young players who could be very relevant the following year.
- IDP Stock Watch/Waiver Wire - The week's risers and fallers from an IDP perspective, plus WW options for IDP leagues.
- "To the Wire" Podcast - Each Tuesday, join Paul Kelly and Senior Writer Tom Brolley for a look at the top WW pickups for the week. This podcast will be recorded during the day.
- (Updated) Custom Weekly Player Rankings & Projections - Updated throughout the day with initial injury info coming out all day. Custom built and sortable, expert offensive projections strictly based on your scoring methods for the rest of the season. Includes expert analysis for each player and a ton of data for quick-reference such as the fantasy tier finishes for the player up until that point, percentage of snaps participated in, constancy rating, etc.
- Graham Barfield's Stat Pack - Senior analyst Graham Barfield will shift through the statistical minutiae to give you 2-3 stat nuggets on all 32 teams each week. These are meaningful stats that you can always use to your advantage.
- More Stats-Based Articles - We'll also produce 1-2 stats-based articles mid-week covering interesting topics currently in the league and in fantasy.
- Weekly DST Streaming Report - We know most fantasy players these days stream defenses weekly, so each Tuesday we give you an early heads-up on the best options for the weeks along with a quick look ahead at defenses with good matchups the next 2-3 weeks. We also update this article each Friday.
- Production Tracker Report - One of our most popular features, we go team-by-team and report on the actual production each team is giving up to each of the skill positions in their recent games (we typically go back 3-4 games). This report really gives a comprehensive overview in mainly chart form of what each defense is giving up production-wise to each position.
- Snap Report - We'll monitor the weekly snaps an offer up insight on any noticeable trend in terms of a player who saw/is seeing more/fewer snaps for his team. This is a great way to gain an advantage over your competition, since tracking snap counts goes a long way toward discovering emerging players before they have truly emerged for the masses.
- Place Kicker Recommendations - Our own Mike Horn's impressive statistical formula for predicting kicker production each week hasn't been equaled in the industry and is very accurate. If you need a kicker for this week, or if you play the matchups each week, check here. This report enjoyed a 70% success rate when recommending kickers in 2016!
- Wednesday Practice Report - Wednesday is typically the first day teams practice, and we'll have a comprehensive roundup with the status of all the key injured players that night, as opposed to the next day. Note: These reliable practice reports are quickly e-mailed to our mailing list for easy access and review on a mobile device with e-mail access.
- 3Gs Podcast - It's John Hansen, Jeff Mans, and Tommy G breaking down the week's matchups (VIP package only).
- Weekly Matchup Podcast - FantasyGuru.com's John Hansen is joined by Greg Cosell, the Senior Producer of the Matchup Show on ESPN. By this point in the week (Thursday morning), Hansen has watched all the game and Greg has broken down hours and hours of coaches' tapes from the week before, and he shares his insights with FantasyGuru.com subscribers.
- FantasyGuru.com on Strategy - These will be on topics such as: team maintenance, with regard to player schedules; commissioning; understanding the trends; keeping up with the league's top back-up players who are only an injury away from starting; and much, much more. This column always includes tons of information and entertainment value.
- Mastering the Matchups with Greg Cosell - Subscribers have access to an elite NFL mind and one of the best matchup and personnel analysts in the country! Each week, Greg will feed our readers 10-12 non-obvious and specific matchups that he likes based on his extensive film study. These could be a slot receiver vs. a nickel corner, and seam-stretching TE vs. a shaky LB/S group, or even a defensive front vs. a particular OL. Our readers will be armed with exclusive and unique content that cannot be found anywhere else.
- (Updated) Custom Weekly Player Rankings & Projections - Updated throughout the day with further injury info coming out all day. Custom built and sortable, expert offensive projections strictly based on your scoring methods for the rest of the season. Includes expert analysis for each player and a ton of data for quick-reference such as the fantasy tier finishes for the player up until that point, percentage of snaps participated in, constancy rating, etc.
- Thursday Player Previews - We'll offer a detailed breakdown of the Thursday Night Football game that is broken down by position and covers all the relevant stats, matchup information, and much more as we preview the game's fantasy assets. Our new format will make it easier for our users to quickly find the starts, sits, sleepers and reaches, plus strong DFS plays for the Thursday game(s).
- Game script + Vegas preview (TNF) - In this new column, Senior Writer (and gambling enthusiast) Tom Brolley will offer up a plethora of fantasy-related tips for the TNF game based on what the sharps in Vegas are doing with game lines, over/unders, etc.
- Dolan's Mailbag - New in 2018, Managing Editor Joe Dolan will answer your questions and offer plenty of insight on a variety of topics requested by readers.
- Weekly Staff Picks - Our staff will list their winners for the week (no point spread) and we'll give you our best Survivor Pool plays, plus our top gambling expert, Senior Editor Tom Brolley, will give his picks against the spread (10 games over .500 in 2016).
- Thursday Night Practice Report - We'll again have a roundup with the status of all the key injured players as of the Thursday practices. Note: These reliable practice reports are quickly e-mailed to our mailing list for easy access and review on a mobile device with e-mail access. Available online and also e-mailed.
- Friday News & Notes - A late-week look around the league, with pertinent and informative fantasy-related tidbits regarding player roles, injury replacements, and more.
- Game script + Vegas preview (Full slate) - Senior Writer (and gambling enthusiast) Tom Brolley will offer up a plethora of fantasy-related tips for the upcoming games based on what the sharps in Vegas are doing with game lines, over/unders, etc.
- Start/Sit - We'll offer a detailed breakdown of the best and worst matchups of the week and will provide all the stats and analysis you need to navigate each week (plus see Sunday for our mini game previews).
- Start/Sit Chat - Hang out with Senior Writer Tom Brolley Friday afternoon and get your start-sit questions answered.
- (Updated) Custom Weekly Player Rankings & Projections - We'll update these throughout the day with a large update posted in the early evening with all Friday practice notes considered. Custom built and sortable, expert offensive projections strictly based on your scoring methods for the rest of the season. Includes expert analysis for each player and a ton of data for quick-reference such as the fantasy tier finishes for the player up until that point, percentage of snaps participated in, constancy rating, etc.
- IDP Previews - A position-by-position look, with analysis on all players of note, IDP style. We go over the no-brainer starts, the matchup plays, guys to bench for the week, and more.
- Kick Returner/Special Team Report - We even rank, project, and analyze the top-50 kick returners for each week.
- Expert Chat - Chat with a FantasyGuru.com senior staff member on Friday afternoon.
- Friday Night Practice Report - We'll again have a full roundup of the final practices of the week with the status of all the key injured players as of the crucial Friday practices.
- Livestream/Podcast - Gurus Joe Dolan and Graham Barfield will go around the league and update you on all the late news of the week and what it all means.
- (Updated) Custom Weekly Player Rankings & Projections - Custom built and sortable, expert offensive and IDP projections strictly based on your scoring methods for the upcoming week. Includes expert analysis for each player and updated through Friday practices.
- Waiver Wire - A final late-week update of our current WW report will include key late information on possible WW pickups due to injury situations and more. Because so many leagues are different in size, our WW recommendations are very deep and go from any obvious pickups to the deepest of the deepest viable options - and in this report, it's all updated through the final Friday practices. And if you have teams imported from your league provider into MyGuru, the available players in this report will be highlighted to save you a ton of time!
- Quick Sunday Update - We'll have a quick update available on the Web (and also e-mailed) by 10 a.m. ET. The length of this report is dependent upon the number of key injuries still up-in-the-air as of Sunday. Available online and also e-mailed.
- Hansen's Hints (Game Previews) - With all the information other than the actual inactives in for the week, Publisher John Hansen goes game-by-game and offers up an extensive last-minute look at the matchups and players of note and lists players looking better than usual and reaches for each team/game. If you're looking for a quick but comprehensive overview of the matchups, injuries, and player outlooks for the games, this is the place to go.
- (Updated) Custom Weekly Player Rankings & Projections - We'll update in real-time on Sunday morning/afternoon as inactives and other news iteams come down the line.
- Game Day Page - We've got you covered on Sunday with steady updates automatically populating our Sunday update page, so we're all over the inactives and lineup changes plus we'll have real-time weather updates and hourly forecasts for the 3-4 hours for each game. Our Sunday update pages refreshes automatically, so simple sit back and watch the updates come in.
- Game-Day Twitter Updates - We're around all day on gameday to post quick thoughts, observations, and tidbits via our Twitter feed, which automatically appears on the Subscriber Homepage.
- Playoff League Content - For those who redraft just for the postseason, we produce a variety of playoff content, complete with each team's playoff outlook, tips for drafting, player rankings, sleepers, news and injuries, and more.
- Weekly Playoff Content - Each week before the weekend games, we offer game/ player previews, player rankings, injury updates, picks against the spread, and more for those who can re-draft just for that week.
All 2018 subscribers are automatically placed on FantasyGuru.com's off-season report mailing list. Stay on top of all the off-season events and enjoy some early speculation by receiving an e-mail report from us at least once a month from January through June.
And there will be more than this in 2018!
We work hard so our subscribers don't have to! Our reports are absolutely, positively everything you'll need to save yourself hours of work each week and field a winning fantasy football team!