REASON #1 – OUR CREDIBILITY, PROVEN TRACK RECORD, AND PROFESSIONALISM
With so many sources to choose from, credibility is a very important factor when choosing a fantasy service. We contend that NO fantasy site or service can match us in terms of longevity, credibility, and professionalism, and our track record.
We’ve been publishing since 1995, an eternity in the fantasy industry. In 2017, we’re celebrating our 23rd year in business, and our reputation is impeccable in the industry. Many of our competitors haven’t been playing fantasy football as long as we’ve been publishing this site.
We’ve led the charge in this industry in many ways and were the first to produce many different types of content that are staples in the business now. Here are some examples:
- First fantasy columnists/content providers to ESPN.com (1995)
- First on-air fantasy experts on NFL.com (2002)
- First on-air fantasy analysts for NFL Network (2003)
- First print magazine to interview an NFL player (2003, Clinton Portis)
- First fantasy sports contributors for Sirius Satellite Radio (2004)
- First fantasy analysts offering real-time analysis during the games on DirecTV’s Fantasy Zone channel (2014).
- (Likely the) First fantasy site to send out a “Breaking News” update (1997)
- (Likely the) First site to use the stock market analogy for fantasy (1995)
- One of the first fantasy sites (if not the first) to track pass target numbers (1997)
- One of the first sites to track average draft positions (1999)
- Over the last couple of years, Greg Cosell of NFL Films has emerged as one of the nation’s foremost NFL personnel and matchup analysts. He’s quoted by a lot of other fantasy sites, but he’s actually worked with and consulted for us for a decade.
- We ran our own DFS/Salary cap game starting way back in 2010, introducing many of our readers to DFS/weekly salary cap contests.
We've been all over T.V. and radio. In 2014, Publisher John Hansen was asked to be the chief fantasy analyst for the brand-new “Fantasy Zone” Channel on DirecTV, which was the first television show to offer instant fantasy analysis as the games happen with live look-ins and commentary during the games. Hansen also appeared on the Fantasy Fix TV show on Comcast Sportsnet’s local stations from 2003-2009. Since 2004, Hansen’s been hosting programs for Sirius/SiriusXM and due in large part to the success of Hansen’s and (long-time contributor) Adam Caplan’s shows on Sirius NFL Radio from 2004-2009, the company launched an entire channel devoted to fantasy in 2010. In addition, Managing Editor Joe Dolan has gained a loyal following hosting the weekend edition of that show as well as the gameday show on Sundays. Hansen and Caplan have also worked as fantasy analysts alongside former NFL player Ron Jaworski on the weekly TV show NFL Fantasy Live and on the NFL Network on the Playbook show, where they appeared alongside former NFL players Sterling Sharpe and Solomon Wilcots. They were also the chief analysts on a DVD the NFL produced for fantasy football in the early 2000s.
We're elsewhere on TV, radio, and in print. We’ve received testimonials from such high-profile NFL reporters and analysts as Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer, and Ron Jaworski. In addition, we get unsolicited praise from celebrities like Jim Cramer, Paul Rudd, and Michael Rapaport. Even John Madden is a fan. Publisher John Hansen has been appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio for years now, and in 2010 Madden told the people at Sirius how much he enjoyed Hansen’s weekly spot and Madden was kind enough to cut a quick promo for Hansen’s show on Sirius. Madden was not required to do the clip whatsoever; he gladly took the time. Hear the promo here!
We’ve earned the respect of many in the media. We’ve received testimonials from such high-profile NFL reporters and analysts as Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer, and Ron Jaworski. In addition, we get unsolicited praise from celebrities like Jim Cramer, Paul Rudd, and Michael Rapaport.
Even John Madden is a fan. Publisher John Hansen has been appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio for years now, and in 2010 Madden told the people at Sirius how much he enjoyed Hansen’s weekly spot and Madden was kind enough to cut a quick promo for Hansen’s show on Sirius. Madden was not required to do the clip whatsoever; he gladly took the time. Hear the promo here!
We’ve even made it on a sitcom! That’s right; the creators of the hit comedy series The League on FXX thought so much of our site and overall fantasy acumen that they wrote us into one of their episodes in 2010. Our own John Hansen and also Adam Caplan appeared in four scenes playing themselves as fantasy football experts hosting their show on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio. Check out the IMDB page for the episode here. We contend that no other fantasy experts can play themselves on TV better than we can.
REASON #2 – We're #1 on Fantasy Pros for preseason accuracy 2015-2016!
We’ve long proven our savvy against the top "expert" leagues on the Internet. Our John Hansen has won 22 expert leagues, all of them considered high-end in the industry. Managing Editor Joe Dolan has taken home plenty of titles in fantasy expert leagues the last eight years. Dolan won the 14-team Host League comprised solely of hosts on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio. But the best way to see how we stack up against the competition is our track record on the only site that tracks the experts: Fantasy Pros. In 2013 we competed for the first time in Fantasy Pros' draft competition (preseason rankings for fantasy drafts) and we came in 3rd overall out of 130+ experts/site. In 2014, we "slipped" to only 25th out of 140. In 2015, we came out 1st out of 140+ experts, and we followed thast up in 2016 with a #2 finish (out of 145). So for 2015-2016, we're #1! What other prove that we stand out from the competition to you need?
REASON #3 – WE HAVE A BRAND-NEW WEB SITE IN 2017 POWERED BY STATS LLC’S POWERFUL DATABASE!
We are 100% converted to and licensed by industry-leader STATS LLC. This means that we have access to data that no other fantasy site has (with perhaps 1-2 exceptions), and our automated data feeds should supply you with information more quickly than in the past. The new site is mobile-friendly so you can view and use the entire site on your smartphone. There’s better organization of content and it’s all searchable. There’s more subscriber control and access – subscribers can alter what content they’d like to see now, and it’s easier than ever to view subscription details like expiration date, order history, etc. Our new site even has an alert and notification system that allows us to convey critical information to all subscribers who are logged in, which is a great way for us to let you know if there’s an issue that we’re working on. The new site has a trouble ticket system that will make customer service and technical requests more efficient and effective.
In addition, there are OVER FORTY NEW TOOLS AND FEATURES with the new site, too many to list here, so check out the “What you Get” page for all the details.
REASON #4 – OUR CONTENT QUALITY AND UNIQUENESS
We're not infallible, but over the last 20 years, you would be hard-pressed to find a more reliable source of fantasy analysis and prognostication anywhere, as our subscribers have come to expect, and our competitors have consistently imitated (or worse, copied). Since 1995, we’ve been on the cutting edge and continue to be.
In 2017, we feel we have a perfect marriage between the quantitative aspects of fantasy football and the qualitative elements that are also very important.
Here’s what we do:
- Utilize our access to legit NFL insiders and events such as the Senior Bowl, NFL Combine, Owners Meetings, etc. and NFL Coaches Tape to offer superior fantasy football analysis and overall coverage.
- Cover football extensively – not just fantasy football – by analyzing personnel and coaching philosophies and how they pertain to and affect fantasy production. In other words, we’re not just using statistics and numbers to analyze players and teams. We’re analyzing talent, offensive and defensive systems, matchups, etc.
- Back up our extensive analysis with the appropriate statistical data, especially unique data that cannot be found in newspapers or on sites like nfl.com.
- Offer extensive news and injury updates, but with the inclusion of insider information not found in newspapers (or found in them well after we’ve reported it). We give you not only the information, but also insight into the fantasy implications of the information. When situations aren’t exactly clear or known, we’re giving you the best educated guesses from those close to the situations.
- Offer proven and well thought-out "gut feelings" and fantasy instincts culled from two decades of producing our site and, in our publisher’s case, from playing fantasy football since the mid-80s.
- Offer numerous stats and stat-based tools to enhance the user experience even further and aid in the fantasy football decision-making process. Note: In 2017, we’ve unveiled a brand-new stats database with a TON of new features and tools. This will truly be “next level” stuff that will greatly help us contextualize performances and matchups.
- Deliver a ton of content via e-mail and our MyGuru app, plus online on the site, of course.
- And while you will find some difference of opinions among our writers from time-to-time, we mostly offer up a singular message, one carefully analyzed by our staff, aimed at giving our readers a clear picture. We do all this in a professional and well-written way that is not only informative, but it’s also entertaining (and sometimes even humorous).
- We invite you to visit our “What You Get” page to see exactly what you’ll receive as a subscriber. Finally, we should note that, while we have a TON of features that we welcome subscribers to take advantage of, we make it easy for subscribers to utilize as much or as little of our content as they see fit. There’s no need to get overwhelmed with the wealth of information and tools we have to offer. If you want the bare minimum (just the facts, projections, etc.), it’s easy to find and use.
REASON #5 - OUR COMPREHENSIVENESS
There are hundreds of fantasy football sites on the Internet, but none of them can approach our level of comprehensiveness. As a subscriber, you’ll enjoy a one-stop-shop for fantasy information and analysis you can trust, along with statistical and technical tools. Our preseason and in-season reports cover fantasy from every imaginable angle, and we feverishly update content each day/week. We also provide the most in-depth analysis of NFL teams, coaches, and, of course, players. Statistical and schedule analysis is also a very strong point. There’s much more, too. And unlike competing publications that collect your money, issue you a password, and then leave you completely on your own all year, Fantasyguru.com prides itself in keeping in close contact with its subscribers throughout the season.
REASON #6 – WE DO MORE FOR LESS, AND TIME IS MONEY
First and foremost, we haven't raised our subscription price in our 22 years of publishing. In fact, we continually add more and more content and cool technical features without passing any of the costs along to our subscribers. Our costs to host and manage our site, for example, have increased 500% the last 5-6 years, yet our subscription price remains the same.
And if you’re a previous subscriber, at the end of each season, you’re always able to re-subscribe for the next year right as the season ends at a price that is lower than the going rate will be the next summer. Feel free to review our Subscription Features (the "What You Get" page) for overviews on the 2,500+ pages of content (with no fluff), 150+ different editorial sections, and 700+ articles or features total we will publish in 2017.
And while we certainly do not dispute the fact that there are other sites that are viable and do not charge a fee for information, we contend that no free (or pay) site can approach the level of comprehensiveness offered by FantasyGuru.com. What this means for the user is that he or she would have to search several sites to approach the level of information and analysis contained within FantasyGuru.com.
Since time is money, and users who must search the web for hours upon hours waste a significant amount of time, the alternative would be to subscribe to FantasyGuru.com. With a subscription, virtually all the information – NFL news, injury updates, fantasy analysis, fantasy football player rankings, etc. – that a fantasy player could possibly need is available for less than $1 a week.
REASON #7 – OUR INTERACTIVE AND MULTIMEDIA CONTENT
We’ve really upped out Podcast game in recent years and now that we’re with PodcastOne, the quality of our podcasts have never been better. During the season, we’ll produce three different informative podcasts, including our Matchup Podcast with John Hansen joined by a veteran of NFL analysis, Greg Cosell of NFL films and the Senior Producer of the NFL Matchup show that airs on ESPN. We’ve also got you covered with two more weekly podcasts that cover the waiver wire each week and a late-week podcast hosted by Joe Dolan and Graham Barfield that covers all the late-week news and the intriguing situations for the upcoming week.
We also hit Twitter hard, and as a staff we have over 145,000 followers, and we regularly conduct informative polls and regularly host expert chat sessions, giving our customers access to our insiders on a wide variety of topics.
REASON #8 – OUR LONGEVITY AND ORIGINALITY
We started publishing in 1995 as a printed, hard-copy newsletter, and in each season that followed, our company has grown by leaps and bounds and has become stronger and better than the year before. You'd be surprised how many other fantasy services are run by people who also have full-time jobs. Fantasy Football IS our full-time and only job.
Over the last few years, we have seen many, many sites attempting to imitate and duplicate our content. For example, we believe we invented the "Breaking News" e-mail update in 1997 when we sent one out to advise readers to pick up then-rookie Corey Dillon after news broke that starter Ki-Jana Carter was out for the season. There have been many, many examples of other sites copying our content ideas.
We can't control imitation by others, but the fact that we have seen others using our ideas only motivates us to improve our content continually to stay one step ahead of the competition. Wouldn't you rather get your information and analysis from an original, the service to which the other services subscribe?
REASON #9 – EVERYONE NEEDS AN EDGE THESE DAYS
Never before has fantasy football been so competitive and difficult to navigate than it is right now – and it’s only going to get more heated and complicated. 10-15 years ago, it was thought to be a stretch to charge a fee for fantasy information, but we did it successfully then. Now, with more and more companies following our lead and charging a fee for information, subscribing to FantasyGuru.com is not merely a wise investment; many would say it’s a must. Unless you play for low stakes (less than $100), there’s a good chance at least one person in your league is subscribing to our site, and the odds are favorable that he or she is doing well.
If you’re a novice player, you’ll be helped greatly by our insightful analysis and strategies, our fantasy football player rankings and projections, sleeper picks, and all of our news and injury coverage (and more).
If you’re a savvy player, you’ll enjoy the convenience of not having to search multiple sites for info and scramble on Sundays wondering if your star player is going to play. You’ll also appreciate a well-informed opinion to compare with your own (and more). Again, you will not find a better combination of experienced and well thought-out fantasy analysis, inside information, and quality NFL personnel scouting than what we offer at FantasyGuru.com. And finally, you’ll get a noticeable edge by utilizing our various stat-based technical tools.
REASON #10 – BECAUSE YOU CAN BE A GURU!
We’ve been in this business a very long time, and we employ not only serious fantasy experts, but also individuals who study coaches’ tape and who cover the league full-time, so we have a lot to offer as we approach playing from a variety of analytical and finance angles. From learning how to scout talent, to understanding NFL schemes to wading through the coach speak, we can educate you in a way that no other site can match.
Our vision with this site is not that we’re fantasy gurus and you should listen to us; instead, it’s that we can make you a fantasy guru yourself. Armed with the information, analysis, and overall intelligence that we bring to the table, we’re sure to bring your fantasy game to another level. And even if you’re already at a professional level, you’ll still save a ton of time researching the league by just using our site – and you’ll sleep well at night knowing that our information is information you can trust.
We understand it seems ridiculous to some to pay for a fantasy information service, but we’ve been doing this for 22 years and for the 21st time in a row, we’re coming off our best year as a company.
Many of our readers were hesitant to order our service at first, but ultimately, they were very glad they did. We encourage you to give us a shot. After two decades in this industry, we know for a fact that there's at least an 88% chance that you will be very glad you did.