Sep 13, 2013
We are still trying to catch up from the transition from the preseason to the regular season, which usually takes 2-3 weeks, so the following notes are not only raw, but they are incomplete. I believe starting this week we will have all of the close calls covered each week, and I will likely post them to this blog, if for no other than to actually post something here. Obviously, we’re covering everything on the site, so I usually struggle to find the time or a topic for this blog. Here’s what we have in terms of close calls from Week One.
– Stafford to Calvin for 20-yard TD, but lost it going to ground
– Stafford to Calvin for 16-yard TD, but he can’t get second foot in
– Bush rush TD comes off board with shin being down, Bell spin move TD on next play
– Bush rush TD comes off board with knee being down
– Throw to Gibson in end zone, overthrown, but PI called
– Weeden to Barnidge TD negated by holding penalty
– Overthrown Fade from 2 to AJ Green (Right back to him for TD on next play)
– AJ Green draws a DPI on shot to end zone, would have been a long TD and he still had a shot to grab it
– Steve Smith stepped out at 3 on his way into end zone (scored on next play)
– Rusell Wilson deep to Stephen Williams, Williams can’t make diving catch for 40+ yard TD (hit Kearse for TD on next play)
– Endzone throw to Thompkins, pushed out of bounds
– Through Edelman’s hands in end zone for what would have been 29-yard TD
– Edelman nearly makes great catch in corner of end zone for 10-yard TD
– Thompkins can’t handle wide-open TD in back of end zone (5 yards)
– Throw to Stokley end of 2nd in EZ, inc
– Missed Dem Thomas on stop-and-go for what would have been 15-yard TD
– Welker had position on what would have been a 70-yard TD, but fell down on the route
– Welker just overthrown on 35-yard TD
– Deeper ball in the end zone intended for Rod Streater early in the game was intercepted About 35 yards
– Terrelle Pryor threw about a 40 yard bomb the Streater in the second-quarter but it was incomplete
– Darren McFadden had a touchdown taken off the board after was ruled that he stepped out of bounds but it was a good throw by Pryor with nice touch
– While it wasn’t that close to a touchdown Streater caught a pass and was tackled at around the 2 yard line On the play Pryor was scrambling all over the place so this could be a good sign that when he’s in trouble and scrambling he looks for hos boy Streater
– Pass to the Denarius Moore on first and goal it to hit him in the chest and bounced off. Moore didn’t score on a pass to in the az 2 plays later.
– Luck did throw a bomb for 50 yards in the fourth quarter to T.Y. Hilton but he was covered very well and incomplete.
– Luck then threw another bomb for 50 yards to a streaking Hilton running toward the end zone but again it was covered well In the ball slightly overthrown
– Pryor’s game clinching interception was a pass intended for Streater about the yard or two in front of the goal line
– Alex Smith missed a wide open Anthony Fassano for about a 30 yard gain on their first play the game.
– Jamal Charles had a chance for touchdown on a catch on the play before Smith’s touchdown to Avery
– Charles popped off a really nice 18 yard gainer in the first quarter and almost scored and was tackled at the three.
– Last pass for the game with Chad Henne in was in the end zone to Ace Sanders