Jul 25, 2011
As you know by now, the longest labor impasse in the history of the NFL is over. Although we were concerned at various stages of the dispute, we were confident that the full 16-game season would be saved, and that’s now the case.
I wrote in February that this lockout would be difficult for us to get through, but that we would get through it, and we’d be ready to go once it was finally over, and that is the case. We’ve been cranking out a lot of content the last few months/weeks, and we’re currently sitting on extensive player profiles on 300+ offensive players.
But we are navigating through uncharted waters, so we’re going to need a little time before we’re ready to roll out key items such as those player profiles. We’re going to sit back and wait to see how free agency – which will kick off on Friday at 6pm goes – and since we think things will happen fast and furiously and have a major impact on the fantasy landscape, we’re going to let that play out before posting our in-depth profiles and some other key items. Of course, we’re standing by ready to break free agency down as it happens, which will take some time on its own.
The challenge we face is due to the fact that we have SO much content on the site or in the can that will need to be updated, so I just wanted to give you a heads-up and let you know that we’re going to move as quickly as we can to follow all the free agency activity and adjust accordingly. My hope is that we’ll return to normalcy around August 5th and will return to our usual preseason practice of following all the action and updating our various articles and features. We do ask for your patience, however, as it will take a while to fill in the blanks once free agency runs its course, and things may not be “normal” for another 2-3 weeks.
This off-season has also been a difficult one in terms of development, but we still do have some nice enhancements and additions this year. Some of those are:
- The Guru Challenge – We should roll out the revamped prize structure this week. This year, all Season Pass players will be placed in leagues of 40 teams and will compete against the 39 other owners for season league prizes. In addition, players will also compete simultaneously for weekly prizes for putting together the best starting lineup each week. Check the site later this week for more details and where you can get in on the action this year.
- Draft Analyzer software – It will be back in 2011 with our projections, likely this week.
- MyGuru App – We’re working on a new App that will essentially be a mobile version of your MyGuru. This is something that will be a lot more useful for the regular season, given the functionality of Myguru. We’re going to have to do more testing in the coming weeks, but this item will be offered FREE for all 2011 subscribers.
- Player Comparison Tool – We’re wrapping up a new tool that will allow users to compare players in a variety of categories and view charts to put the comparison into perspective.
- Mock Drafts – We will be rolling out a little mock draft engine that utilizes the software of our friends at myfantasyleague.com.
- Weekly Player Projections – We’ve developed this new tool this year, so each Tuesday morning during the season, you can see projections for the upcoming week that are arrived simply being crunching the numbers. For more on this tool, check here.
- Beefed up IDP coverage – We’re excited to beef up our IDP coverage this year, thanks to the addition of a new contributor, Mike “IDP” Monk. Mike’s truly an IDP guru and has operated a popular IDP blog that focused on the IDP WW and his talents will be fully utilized this year.
We’ll certainly have other enhancements this year, and you can always get most of your questions answered about our offerings by clicking on the “Site Help” link on the upper right of each of our pages (that will be updated for 2011 this week). Otherwise, if you’re wondering about what’s going on, make sure you check out the site, our blogs, and our Twitter and Facebook account for updates on our progress, chats, podcasts, blog posts, new articles, and more.
This next month is going to be an absolute nightmare for us to handle, but we’re not complaining. We’re excited and ready to get to work. Most important, we’re more committed than ever to offering the best service and product we possibly can.
Have a great season, and we’ll see you in the playoffs.