DT move in Buffalo Wild Wings

If anyone is looking for a defensive team this weekend, note that the Oakland Raider D is looking strong tomorrow at home in the Black Hole against the Rams and rookie QB Sam Bradford. I picked them up and dropped the Chicago defense, so I will be starting:

Tom Brady
Adrian Peterson
Clinton Portis – Skins want to run it against Houston
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Malcom Floyd
Mike Williams, TB – Flex
Jermichael Finley
Garrett Hartley
Oakland Raiders

1. Nick says:

I did the same thing earlier in the week John. I decided to play the matchups on Def this year since I didn’t want to overpay for one in my auction.

2. flicano says:

Used ARI week one vs. the Rams, grabbed OAK earlier in week, hoping for same results or better.

3. FFB Founder says:

I like the move but after so many ‘stay away from all Raiders at all costs’ I’m having a hard time picking up anyone tagged with “Oak”.

4. Jason says:

John, do you like the Raiders D even over the Saints D this weekend? Also going Maclin over Knox at flex…any objections?
    “Gratuitous Brown Nose Alert”- Thanks for providing another great foundation for this year’s draft.
    Typical starters-Flacco, AP, Addai, Austin, Cal Johnson, Knox, Gonzo, Gould, Saints
    Good luck this week!

5. TCS91841 says:

Unless I get relatively certain confirmation that Nicks is going to play, I need to decide between Dez or Tampa Mike Williams. I am leaning towards Dez, because I think there will be a concerted effort to get him in the endzone. Please advise with your take.

6. Bittner says:

Need 1 of this as a flex:

Steve Smith – CAR v. tampa
    C. Portis – Vs Houston (Ialso have cooley)
    L. Nannee – Vs. Jax

Thanks
    Joe

7. Dave says:

Need to start 1wr

Mike sims-walker
    Mark Clayton
    Der mason

Tx Dave!

8. Mark says:

I need to fill a RB2 and a flex from these 4…Forte, Barber, Macklin, Knox. Right now I’m feeling Forte and Macklin.

Thanks, Mark

9. Mark says:

BTW, I picked up the Giants in the last round of the my draft and picked up KC as a free agent for this week. Didn’t like the Giants vs. A pi$$ed off Peyton, and we get return td’s, and i have a feeling McCluster isn’t done.

10. Chris says:

Love following your thought process for a team on the blog. Great idea! Is there a place to check out your entire roster in this league to see who you could have started to really get a look into how you run your weekly process.

11. Blake says:

john, thank you again for doing this please keep doing it all season! you continue to be the man.

blake

Well, don’t thank me for the Raiders, they came up pretty small.

13. Slump Buster says:

Do you dump/trade Shonn Greene now or see if he somehow pulls through to his expectations?

14. Blake says:

lol, just thanking you for letting us watch you run a team…we all make some bad calls with weekly lineup decisions ever now and again.

15. Slump Buster says:

@ Bittner—
    Best is looking like a pretty good trade for you. Nice one! I’m looking to start Demaryius Thomas, pick him up if he’s available… Also, if you have a spot, pick up RB Keiland Williams of Washington

16. Brent says:

Would you pick up M. Lynch at this point, and drop the likes of a Chester Taylor?

17. Jonathan says:

Hi. I just read that Malcolm Floyd has a hamstring injury. Any chance that Craig Davis has some value? He caught five balls against the Jags, and he seems like more of a natural receiver than Naanee.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

18. Burton says:

Davis might look better on paper, but Naanee is a football player and a pretty good receiver too.

19. Burton says:

I am not up to date on Lynch…I would drop Taylor and take a chance on another guy that has skills still in tact and is an injury away from starting or one of the TD Vultures.

20. Eric says:

Keiland Williams is a nice add right now if you have the room… He’s a Clinton Portis injury away from being the primary back in WAS. And we’ve seen in the past the no-name guys that have emerged in Shanahan’s offense.

I also took a chance in a league and added Lynch, based purely on the hopes that he’s traded. I don’t know how teams like GB and NE can’t be interested.

21. Zach says:

Hi John,
    I’m hurting at WR but there weren’t any WR’s in your “Players to trade for” article. Help me out on a couple buy-low options? Portis, R Brown or McCoy will be my bait…

Also, Floyd or Royal this week?
    Thanks

22. Chris says:

I am eyeing the KC D as a backup for my Philly D. Dallas is current backup. We get points for return yards in our league for the Def. Would you drop Dallas D and roll with KC as an upside play at home and against weaker teams?

Thank you.

23. Kelis says:

You really saved my skin with this infoatrmion. Thanks!