Last-Minute Tips

It is pretty crazy out there right now, and I simply cannot handle a blog post like the one I’m listing right now, one that will certainly create many questions I do not have time to answer.

But if you’re interested, I have kind of a real-time tally of items on my mind RIGHT NOW, which includes final gut feelings, vibes and recent news. Subscribers can check it out here:

I deal with a lot of this on today’s podcast, which you can hear right on the homepage as well.

Good luck drafting.

1. Eric says:

Just finished my keeper league draft last night and loaded my team onto the “my guru” tool. Love the improvements, especially the guru glance feature!!!! This is going to be awesome for those in depth stats that will probably make close lineup decisions easier. I think I will have a bunch of them this year as my keeper league draft keeps 36 players and I had a bunch of mid-round picks from trades where I basically ended my draft with 3 12th rounders (got Hartley and Pitts dst to end it). My draft yielded a lot of mid round guys and I see lineup dilemmas for sure. Thanks as always for all the hard work on the improvements, it is definitely noticed!

2. Eric Merlo says:

I hate to be a kiss ass, but i must give credit were it is due. This is my third year subscribing and I think you out did yourself this year, your staff as well. Not only on content and delivery, but new site changes make it more manageable. Keep up the good work fellas! (I’m counting on it!) Thanks for all the hard work, its worth every penny……Now lets go bring another one home!!!

3. Bittner says:

@ Slumpbuster -

What do you think of John Carlson now that Housh was let go –

Looking to backup Cooley – Carlson is available on the WW..I would imagine his value is higher now right?

4. Slump Buster says:

Bittner-

I think it increases a little bit. I think Mike Williams is the one that will greatly benefit from Houshmanzadah’s release. However, Hasselbeck will look at Carlson as the security blanket, so his value will jump up, but not as great as some may think.

5. Ariakis says:

Being in several leagues is there any way you can build an import with MFL and some of the other major sites to systematically load players, schedule, and scoring system over into MyGuru?

6. Slump Buster says:

Bittner-

One more option to consider for TE, you may also want to check out Rob Gronkowski of New England. He’s scored in 3 different preseason games (4 td’s ), all being from Brady w/ Moss & Welker on the field. I think Carlson will end up w/ more receptions, but Gronkowski will end up w/ more TD’s. So pending your scoring system, keep him in mind.

7. michael says:

1/2 ppr
    I traded Leshon McCoy & 8th Rd pick for Finley and Ricky Williams. my backs are Chris Johnson, A Foster, R Williams and K Huggins. good move? thanks and I really enjoy your work!!! keep it up! n

Thanks for noticing, Eric, glad someone did, but I’ll take no comments over negative comments.

No on the import for this year, that’s something we need months to work on and just got buried with other stuff.

9. Scot says:

One other tip that I noticed from doing four drafts in the last 5 days. You can’t wait on Arian Foster. I know the ADP data says hes a 30-40 guy, but don’t believe it. He’s never gotten out of the top half of the second in any draft I’ve done (and I don’t live in Texas either). Just fair warning. Foster is now in Mendenhall/Greene territory. If you love him, you will have to pay accordingly.

10. Slump Buster says:

I agree w/ Scot… In a 12 team league, Foster went with the second pick in the 2nd round. That was ahead of Greene & Mendenhall. Spiller & Best have slid (in non-keeper leagues).

11. Hacked Blog says:

You made some respectable points there. I appeared on the web for the problem and found most people will go together with along with your website.