Get Mike Sims-Walker now

I hope you took my advice from two weeks ago in this blog on Mike Sims-Walker. I watched him closely this past weekend, and he looked very good. He runs very good routes, so he gets open, and he comes back to the ball very well. Most importantly, he can run – at least he can compared to their other receivers. He also has very good hands. His QB is quite solid, and there’s very little otherwise at WR for the Jags. Sims-Walker looks like he should be their unquestioned #1 WR. I wanted to push him hard all year, and he was on our players to target list before missing almost all of the summer with an injury, but I’ve been on the bandwagon after that final preseason game, and especially now after his big Week Two

But the more I look at him in this situation, I think he could have a major breakout season. I think his upside is about 70-75 catches for 1100-1200 yards and 7-8 TDs.

Get his ass on your roster now.

1. Guy says:

You should write them down or print them off and then answer them on your show. Then archive the show so folks who pay for your site can listen when convenient. 5-6 pm MST I’m still in traffic and then two kids under 3 waiting for dinner … blah blah blah.

Love your stuff … my 3rd or 4th year subscribing.

2. will says:

damn!!!!!!!!!..missed out on him on waivers..i had last pick..would have went nice with a. johnson and colston as a solid #3

3. Jim says:

I am kicking myself!! I took your advice and drafted him late and with limited roster spots. I let him go until his role increased. With Williamson’s injury guys in my league finally got a clue about him! I am wondering is there a show “Top 10 dumbest fantasy GM’s”?

4. Terry says:

Got him in all three of my leagues. Dropped Tory Holt for him. But I’m in a keeper league so it makes sense to do that.

5. Jamie says:

who should i start as my 3 WR this week.
    Mike Sims Walkers
    Steve Smith (NY)
    Greg Jennings
    HInes Ward

obv start Steve Smith. Jennings had a horrible fantasy week last week but I’m hoping that was just bc he was coming off of a minor wrist injury. Should put up big yards with Rodgers against the rams this week. So do I sit Ward or Sims Walker? Ward is reliable but Sims-walker is a gamble who could bring me huge points against the Texans. Any advice would be great.

6. Ariakis says:

John for another site feature how about if your crew has time some look-ahead help? Right now I’m eying the Jets @Saints in Week 4 and figure I can roster a week 4 defense now and have my pick vs. fighting the blind auction next week. The same can be said for position players but I’d think the look-ahead is best for defenses and perhaps QB’s.

I see Colts vs Sea, Hou vs Oak, Dal @DEN, Cin @Cle, or Oak @Hou as good ww fodder DT’s all with upside beyond week 4 matchups. Does Dallas fix their scheme issues and CB2/pass rush or is their current #13 ranking still too high? Will Cin or NO continue to improve?

7. Matt Camp says:

Guy:

The shows are archived. Our last 5 podcasts will always be available for your listening pleasure in the player on the right side of the site. You can also subscribe to our feed via iTunes at the top right of the page. That will automatically download each podcast upon completion.

8. ht says:

Is Mike Walker-Sims a must have? What’s your take on Johnny Knox

9. Guy says:

perfect. thanks Matt

10. chris says:

Should I start Roddy White playing in the rain today or Mike Walker vs. Houston?

11. Paul says:

would you drop anyone from this group for Sims-Walker? (league combines TEs and WRs)A. Gates, D.Bowe, K. Walter, D. Hester, N. Burleson

12. JP says:

WEEK 4 lineup advice – M. Sims-walker @ TENN or K. Walter @ OAK???

Walter seems the less risky start, although I’m consider starting both and benching M. Colston at home to NYJ.

What say you wise men?

13. Juice says:

A guy in my league is asking to take Julius Jones for Mike Sims Walker – Should I make this trade.?

14. Jayson says:

Thanks John for the tip on Sims-Walker. I know it’s a long season but his 2 TDs last week were huge for me in 3 leagues! Nice work!

15. ht says:

Is it time to unload Justin Gage?

16. ht says:

Okay, John! you were gold with the sims-walker deal. How bout helping a brother out with this one. I have c johnson, d jackson, p garcon, k walter and j knoxville. would you add s rice from minne for either knoxville or garcon? Also
    mendenhall for chester taylor. I know your busy, but one last one. My second league,
    c johnson, bradshaw, r grant and tashard choice. would you stay with these guys are try and add mendenhall? Also justin gage, keep or let loose.
    Thanks, you da man.

Also love on sirius. Could just imagine what it must have been like going to your wifes reunion and all the guys there asking you guru questions!

17. Stormer says:

Oh, he’s a real winner, allright.

Apparently he got himself benched this morning, just before the game, for a rules violation. Cost me my week’s game.

I’m ditching this turkey.

18. Lol@Stormer says:

He got a 9 catch game for 120 yards…nice…and facing a Ten defense again…LMAO!

19. RFID Reader says:

Thanks for good information that comes out to

read.

20. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

21. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on several websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

22. iOS 7 Tips says:

iOS knowledge are available now.