Sleeper Rookie WRs

Sorry, I accidentally deleted this  post about surprise rookie WRs. The guys listed were: Louis Murphy (Oak), Brooks Foster (Stl), Mohamed Massaquoi (Cle), Patrick Turner (Mia), and Mike Thomas (Jac).

Yes, I’m a little overwhelmed right now.

1. Law Firm says:

I don’t know, John. I have Gator-Wideout-Phobia. Maybe it’s Belichick’s sad fascination with these kids, or just that few have panned out as world beaters, (ie. Chad jackson, Reche Caldwell, Travis Taylor, etc.). Gafney is a decent sleeper from week to week, and Harvin might be the exception. However, I’m steering clear of Murphy until he shows me something.

The rest of the list? I couldn’t agree more, and I like Robiskie a lot in PPR. In fact, I would be shocked to see Edwards sidelined again, and Massaquoi and Robiskie lining up as starters by mid season.

2. rich whiting says:

What about Ramses Barden? do you see this guy catching some TD’s this year

any how about Britt?

If Barden does anything at all, it will be catching a few short TDs, but major logjam there. I like Britt, but I’m not seeing it this year. Too many other options in a conservative offense (although I suspect they will be more effective throwing than people think).

4. Gump says:

From what I’m reading everybody in Oakland is doing great. DHB, Schilens, Higgins, even Javon Walker. Could Murphy leap-frog all those guys?

5. Jayson says:

Hey John,

Very good stuff thanks. A little bit off the subject but with the improvement of some of these rookie WRs in camp and the injuries to players like A. Bryant and D. Avery what is the plan to update your “Draft Plan”? I know you can’t update it everyday so I’m just checking.

By the way, I love the Draft Plan.

Thanks,

Oh, I update the DP all the time, likely will tweak it tomorrow.

7. Jayson says:

Great, thanks.

8. Baller says:

Is Percy Harvin not on here because he’s not a “surprise”? Would you consider Harvin ahead of Murphy?

How do you think Murphy compares to other sleepers like Devin Thomas, Chris Henry, Josh Morgan, Miles Austin, Robert Meachem, etc.?

9. Led says:

I hear that Mike Wallace is impressing the entire team including the coaching staff in Pittsburgh. He might even beat out Limas Sweed for the 3rd WR job plus he ran a 4.33 at the combine. So he was second only to Heyward-Bey. The Steelers could use a burner like that for sure.

Harvin is too obvious, yes. I would put Murphy below all those guys. Murphy is literally a last-pick-of the-draft guy, and that’s assuming he’s still looking viable in 2-3 weeks.

I think Wallace will be used mostly as a returner. Shaun McDonald is very solid, plus Sweed has improved this year. I’d be surprised if Wallace made a splash unless there were injuries.

11. Idiot Savant says:

With Avery out…I need to put Brooks Foster on my Radar…haven’t paid much attention to him…

What are your thoughts on him and the St. Louis crowd…obviously SOMEONE has to catch some balls and Bulger isn’t what he was…but he’s not as bad as Jamarcus Russell…though I like what I’ve heard of Louis Murphy.

12. Joseph Tesoro says:

I recently bought the accuscore fantasy football update for 25 dollars. I used it last year to win alot of my fantasy leagues. I later found out that it does not update once you have purchased it. I was kind of upset after I found this out. I called the accuscore customer support and talked with Zac. He told me that he was sorry and that I could purchase a package for 100 dollars that would give me football, baseball and basketball fantasy previews and updates plus one extra month free for my inconvenience. I was a little upset but afterwards feel that this was definitely more worth it after talking with zac. After buying this package I feel like I definitely will dominate my league last year even more so than I did the year before. They have tons of projections on Wr’s and sleepers.

13. David M. says:

I purchased that 100 dollar accuscore package too last year and I won My football and basketball leagues easily. Their sleeper page was amazing, and I just signed up for this year. Where did you her about this Joseph?