Faulk on Rams

Sorry I haven’t checked in for a while. Obviously, we’re covering all kinds of stuff with the site. If you haven’t already, check out the podcast me and Adam Caplan are doing on Sunday nights, it’s a quick review of the week that was. If we have time, we’ll do a quick preview on Friday. We have a long way to go with this thing (making it downloadable, on Itunes, etc). But this is at least a start. I really need to get cloned.

Anyways, thought I’d pass this along. This year, on the Fantasy Fix TV show I do on Comcast sportsnet, Marshall Faulk has his own segment and I’m able to ask him questions each week and get his response. Obviously, I focus on the RBs. I didn’t ask this question myself, but I constructed the question and asked for it to be posed to him on the Rams with no Orlando Pace. In short, Faulk doesn’t think it will be too big of a deal for RB Steven Jackson. Faulk cited last year, when Jackson put up big numbers while Jackson was out. He did, however, express his concern for Marc Bulger and the receivers, stating how the protection and the timing of the passing game might be thrown off. Alex Barren, a former #1 pick, was drafted to eventually replace Pace. He’s only a solid tackle, so hopefully he can hold up. We’ll see, but this is a big blow for the Ram offense, specifically, as Faulk says, for the passing game.

If you have any questions for Faulk, respond here, I may just ask him.

1. jsbull says:

Proof read for us John. “He’s only a solid tackle, so hopefully he can hold up.” Does that mean he is the only solid tackle?

2. gnidakr says:

John – Pick his brain about the Baltimore RB situation especially with a banged up McNair.

3. bjchapin says:

John, ask Marshall if he has any interest in coming out of retirement and taking over as the Bears #1 RB, we need him.

He’s only a solid tackle, meaning he’s not a very good one (but he’s not bad). I may ask him about McGahee, cause I think he’s “just a guy” at this point. I’ve seen undrafted guys like Selvin Young look just as good.

5. cpmooney15 says:

John

I’d like to know at what point will the Vikes make Adrian Peterson (MIN) the go-to guy. If he has another great game this weekend, will that be enough??

6. ebapen says:

Just wanted to thank you for your awesome work.
    This is my second year with your site, and I have implemented your draft plan with great results.

I have one question.
    I have McNabb, or Kitna in all four of my leagues.
    I know Kitna is primed to have his best season ever, but how should I prepare for McNabb’s possible downfall….. Kolb ?

That in a keeper league? I think Kolb will be starting for the by 2009. McNabb will finish his career in Chicago, I really think that will happen.