Jul 14, 2011
There is no labor deal yet. We think there will be one soon. The two sides are meeting again today. Yesterday probably could have been better, but it could have been worse. That is all we will mention about this situation.
Randy Moss not happy with the way 2010 went down… WR Randy Moss’ agent, Joel Segal, was doing his job this week and is talking up his client, who had the worst year of his roller-coaster career in 2010. “He is determined, motivated and quite frankly has a huge chip on his shoulder,” Segal said. Of course, we’d think representatives from the Vikings and Titans would disagree from the start, as Moss made just a handful of catches after being traded to Minnesota early in the 2010 season. Segal, then, has his work cut out for him to secure Moss a job once the open market is, well… opened. In his 30s, Moss is probably going to want to play with a contender, but is any contender going to be willing to take the risk that he’s a total dud like last year? The Jets would seem like a solid fit if they don’t re-sign Braylon Edwards, and we figure Rex Ryan could handle him. But will there be any other interest? We’re sure someone will take the risk, but Moss has a lot of convincing to do to remind us of the player he once was for fantasy purposes.
- Cowboy WR Dez Bryant is not yet cleared for football activities as he returns from a leg injury.
- Titan coach Mike Munchak, despite the retirement of Kerry Collins, is still eyeing a veteran QB to ease the transition to rookie Jake Locker.
- Maybe the lockout is getting to Mike Shanahan’s head, but it appears as if he’s leaning toward John Beck as his starting QB.
- Could Reggie Bush land in Miami? It certainly makes sense, and the Dolphins could have interest.
- Eagle DE Brandon Graham revealed he had microfracture knee surgery and might not be ready for the start of the season.
- Joe Dolan