Keeping You In the Loop

I haven’t checked in here for a while, so I thought I’d let you all know of some things going on here at FantasyGuru.com headquarters in Somers Point, NJ.

It looks like a lot of you are checking out the “In the Loop” podcast that Joe and I have been doing every Wednesday night, and I appreciate it more than you know. We’ve tried a lot of different things, and are still finding our way, but most importantly, each week we try to give you 45 minutes of fantasy talk where you can find insight that you won’t find anywhere else. Thanks to your feedback (and please keep it coming), we have made some tweaks to the show that should make it more listener-friendly. For the time being, we will now be taping the show Wednesday afternoon, as opposed to going live and taking calls since 99% of the listens come from downloads after the show is done. This should also improve the quality how it sounds, and should give Joe and I the chance to do a little more back and forth banter. We are very open to suggestions, so if there is anything you want to hear us talk about, or any improvements you think we can make, feel free to leave them in the comments section. As always you can find our show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/intheloop OR on iTunes OR in the FantasyGuru.com podcast archives just under the Twitter feed.

Tonight at 8pm (Eastern), I will be representing FantasyGuru.com in an expert draft over at Mock Draft Central. The draft format is 16 rounds with PPR scoring and a starting lineup that includes: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE).  Six bench spots will also be selected. Here is the draft order:

1. David Gerczak, Fantasy Football Players Championship
  2. Nathan Zegura, The Fantasy Consultant
  3. Brett Greenfield, Fantasy Phenoms
  4. Bob Harris, Football Diehards
  5. Matt Schauf, Rapid Draft
  6. Jason Pliml, Mock Draft Central
  7. Ryan Schoon, Pigskin Addiction
  8. Scott Swanay, Fantasy Football Sherpa
  9. Mike Harmon, Fox Sports
 10. Antonino Buccellato, Fantasy Pros 911
 11. Matt Camp, Fantasy Guru
 12. Lenny Pappano, Draft Sharks

You can follow along live here: http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/2009_fantasy_football_expert_draft_2.jsp

Feel free to leave comments here and I’ll try to address them as the draft goes along.

Category: Matt Camp

Tagged: , ,

1. The Firm says:

Good luck, Matt. I’ve been getting a top WR (A. Johnson), and a nice PPR back (Gore) in the 11 spot in most mocks. I’ll be curious to see how you do.

2. The Firm says:

Wow! Aaron Rodgers in the 6th round? Very nice, Matt.

3. Stretch says:

Matt & Joe,

Keep up the good work. It’s nice to hear different opinions other John H., Adam C, & Greg C.

Stretch

4. The Firm says:

So far from what I’ve viewed, you and Lenny have the strongest squads. Mike Harmon’s team looked pretty stout, until he reached for…GASP! PLAX?!!! He may not even play this year.

5. The Firm says:

Matt,

Very nice picks the last few rounds with Clayton and Choice. Looks like your team is shaping up to be a contender.

6. The Firm says:

Schoon and Swanay’s teams are starting to really come together as well. Should be a competitive league.

7. Matt Camp says:

Sorry I didn’t get on here sooner. I’m very happy with how the team ended up. Values all over the place. A lot of their picks had be scratching my head. Thanks for following along.

8. The Firm says:

Not a bad draft, Matt. The only picks I can question are Holmes, and Hixon. The jury is still out on both. I would have grabbed Elam over Crosby. Cold weather team kickers come up light late in the year. Definitely a top four team, IMHO.

9. JBeau says:

Not bad Matt. I don’t like the Holmes or Hixon either. Berrian and Evans were still available, I would have went with them. I agree with Elam too, especially with their difficult schedule…Elam should see the field more than last year. Very nice value for Rodgers. OD is a good snatch in a PPR. Looks like a contender, but you don’t have a very strong flex. Good luck!

10. Neil says:

Matt,

Not sure if you’ll see this now, but I just wanted to offer some feedback on the podcast. Obviously I think the content is fantastic. You & Joe make a very good pairing too. Only thing I think you need to iron out it the sound. There seems to be a LOT of bumping the mic, and sometimes you’re really loud or then you fade out. It makes it hard to listen to at times because just as you fade out a bit, I turn up the volume, then next thing I know you come booming back super loud. As for the mic, I’m not sure what you & Joe are using (if it’s a mic on the desk, clipped to your shirt, or what, but the worst part is hearing the mic getting bumped, or moved, (and the creaking) sound.

Other than the audio quality, the show is awesome. I really look forward to it each week.

BTW, tell Joe ‘Big Game’ Dolan that the elephants are only at the Phila Zoo until July 10th. I heard you guys talking about them last podcast and it really made me laugh because we just planned an impromptu family trip to the zoo when a friend told me a couple days ago that the elephants were still there. I, like Joe, thought they were gone as of this past fall/winter.
    So he better get there soon. They will be moving them after that date. And I agree, they’re the big draw, I think.

11. Matt Camp says:

Neil-

As always, thanks for the feedback. We are actually using USB mics that we hold in our hands. Trying to get some table-top stands for the future, as I realize the sound has been inconsistent. Hopefully that will help fix the problem.

Also, glad you enjoyed our banter, as I feel that it adds a bit of personal feel to the show, as opposed to a robotic, straight-forward spitting out of information. I’ll be sure to pass on the info to “Big Game” about the elephants.

Thanks for listening and be sure to also check out our new BlogTalkRadio show that debuts at the end of next month. It will be a call-in show hosted by myself and the Guru himself. We’ll be taking your calls on all things fantasy football much like John and Adam do on the Sirius show.