CHARGERS OFFENSE VS. RAIDERS DEFENSE
Chargers ran 68 offensive plays, and controlled the ball for more than 34 minutes
Chargers 9-18 on third down conversions
In the first half, the Chargers ran 37 offensive plays and gained 246 total yards; They were ahead 27-7 at halftime
Rivers badly underthrew Jackson on the 46 yard completion on the first series, It would have been a TD with a good throw – I was surprised that Jackson ran by Asomugha, and Asomugha did not show the recovery speed to catch up
Tomlinson ran hard, He attacked downhill with aggression – Hester was the FB, He’s not a very strong lead blocker
Chargers went back to basics in this game: Foundation was the run, with a focus on “Power”, which has been their staple run with Tomlinson
Chargers 15 play, 96 yard TD in the first half [...]
Atlanta Falcons-New Orleans Saints
- Michael Turner had two big runs in the first quarter. On one, he must have gotten 15 yards after first contact. That’s what he does best.
- Matt Ryan’s INT in the first quarter was probably because he didn’t see CB Jason David at all who had a great break on the ball.
- Ryan made a great throw on a quick slant from his own 1-yardline on a third down play for a first down. He led Roddy White and threaded the pass right past the defender. That’s the kind of stick throws QBs have to make.
- Ryan’s long completion to White early in the second quarter for a big gain down field was really luck. The defender fell down. But the timing between the two have is really evident. They will be a great combo for many years to come.
- Ryan had an exceptional first half. The touch he put on the ball on the fade TD catch to Brian Finneran was great. It had to be a good pass or Finneran would have landed out of bounds.
- Ryan has a great sense of pocket movement and when to step up to create functional space. I can’t [...]