Dec 1, 2008 0
Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals
- When watching parts of this game on Sunday, I thought they were in shotgun formation more. They actually came out in many one back sets under center with Le’Ron McClain getting the carries.
- One of the more underrated traits about Joe Flacco is that he looks to extend passing plays by moving around in the pocket. He won’t throw the ball away unless he has to. A great example of this was his first quarter 40-plus yard completion to Mark Clayton.
- Later in the quarter, he waited as long as he could then ran for a first down.
- McClain is so hard to bring down. He had many runs getting yards after first contact.
- Great job by Flacco of creating space on his TD throw to Todd Heap. He made a subtle move to create a better throwing lane. Flacco is clearly well ahead of where anyone thought he’d be at this point in his career.
- The one issue with McClain is that he lacks explosiveness on his runs so he actually leaves potential big plays on the field. Ray Rice isn’t really explosive either. McClain also fumbled twice in the game, but they retained possession on [...]