Editor’s Note: Welcome to a new blog here on FantasyGuru.com. This blog will include the raw notes taken by our own Greg Cosell as he prepares for the Matchup Show on ESPN by analyzing NFL coach’s tape. Greg is Senior Producer of the show, and he’s been a producer at NFL Films for over 20 years.
JETS OFFENSE VS. PATRIOTS DEFENSE
Jets 375 total yards on 75 offensive plays
Jets 9-16 on third down conversions
Jets 5 trips inside the red zone, 3 TD
Jets play breakdown: 38 called passes / 37 called runs
Warren and Thomas inactive for the Patriots; Wright started at DE, Woods at OLB
DL Green and LB Guyton played in the nickel package
Washington 7 yard TD catch on 3rd + 2: Washington motioned out of the backfield outside of Smith, WR screen to get the ball into Washington’s hands in space
Wright not as physical at the point of attack [...]
Here’s a look at 11 games from last week with detailed “what you might have missed” observations:
- It was noticeable that Atlanta wasn’t doing to allow the deep ball. Everything thrown was in front of them.
- Eddie Royal dropped a wide open throw in the red zone with no one any where near him.
- Peyton Hillis is a powerful, decisive runner but he has no lateral quickness. On one of his runs in the first quarter, he could have made a 4-yard gain into a big one had he had any ability to cut back and explode.
- Tatum Bell got a carry late in the first quarter.
- Brandon Marshall had two bad drops in the first half. He’s going to drop at least a few passes each game based on what we’ve seen this season. He’s trying to run first before he catches it.
- Bell opened up in the backfield to start the second half. P.J. Pope came in later in that drive.
- On the next drive, Pope had a very nice cut back run. He’s not fast at all but he’ll get down hill.
- Hillis almost scored for a third time. He had a few goalline carries but was [...]