Sep 8, 2008 18
Here are some random thoughts as I look back at the first 14 games:
- There are some train wreck offenses, St. Louis, Washington, and Cincinnati come to mind.
- We knew the Atlanta defense could be your get-well defense for fantasy owners. Add Detroit’s.
- It’s hard to tell how well Michael Turner will do this season since he should be a on a bad team but as we told you many times, they are a power rushing team so he’s going to get the ball plenty. He’s off to a great start and is carrying over his fine play from the preseason.
- Calvin Johnson is ready for a breakout season. Sure the Falcon secondary is weak but he moves so well despite being as big as he is.
- Jacksonville lost both starting guards to injury so we have to see what they do to get by.
- You’ll be thanking us for Chris Johnson at some point–he’s that good. It’s only one game but he carried over his great play from training camp and the preseason. He runs with surprisingly good vision for a rookie and no back has better speed than him.
- We’ll see if Jericho Cotchery can continue what we saw against a [...]